It's funny you picked that poll question because Jimmy and I had a very legnthy discussion on this exact saying a few weeks ago.
Jimmy's argument:
A bird in the hand is worth MORE than two in the bush. (but not the same amount) So the saying does not make sense.
Melissa's argument:
You're overthinking it completely and taking it to literal.
What do you think?
Thursday, December 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't understand Jimmy's arguement. How is it that two in the bush are known to be worth more than one in the hand? Who is setting value? And how hard would it be to catch the birds in the bush? Are they exotic birds or like sea gulls?
BTW - As a self employed person, I would like to agree with this statement on principle. One signed contract is worth WAY MORE than 2 promised potential projects. Dad would probably agree!
Jimmy says he was commenting on the Geico commercial in which the guy said something else. Anyways, he agrees with you because in the car business he said your first money is your best money. AND, "A living dog is better than a dead lion" - Ecclesiastes 9:4
also your first loss is your best loss in the repo remarketing business
Oooo... I like the living dog and the dead lion! That's a keeper!
that makes my head hurt. a little.
Post a Comment